If you have an event coming up and you know that you will be needing climate control, it is a good idea to educate yourself on the different options available for keeping the environment comfortable. You will then be able to choose the best possible options for your particular event and venue, and keep all of your guests satisfied. Fortunately, there are a number of easy and convenient ways that you can temporarily control your environment’s climate.
Some things to think about before choosing which climate control option is right for your venue:
- Size of the venue— The amount and type of equipment that you will need in order to control your venue’s climate will depend on how large of an area your venue will cover. If you only need control over a small area, such as one room or a small office, there are many sizes of spot coolers that will be ideal for this sort of job. For industrial projects like entire buildings, or even outside events, you may want to look into something larger.
- How many people will be attending the event?— While the size of the venue plays a big part in the amount and type of equipment that is necessary, so does the number of people that will be attending. If you know that your event will have heavy traffic flow, with many people moving around or packed into one building, you’ll want to accommodate for this. More bodies means more heat, so a stronger and larger unit will be required.
- How long will the event last?— If your event is going to last over a span of days, or just late into the night, you’ll want to be sure that the company you rent your equipment from will be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This ensures that you will be provided with help in case of emergencies like unit malfunction.
- What will be happening at the event?— Will your guests merely be sitting, or moving around being active? If there will be a high volume of energy from people moving around or performing certain activities, it will be harder to cool your venue down so you may want to think of renting larger/more cooling equipment
Just some of the equipment you can rent in order to temporarily control your environment’s climate:
- Spot coolers— Spot coolers are perfect for a quick means of climate control because they are able to be set up in minutes
- Dehumidifiers— If you live in a humid area or simply just wish to control your environment’s humidity, a dehumidifier is the way to go. Dehumidifiers come in a range of sizes so you can select which one will be appropriate for your particular venue.
- Vertical HVAC— For large tented events, or those that need to accomodate many people, Vertical Air Conditioners are your best bet.