Whether from a natural flood, broken pipe, or other cause, water damage can easily ruin a home or business. Water damage can cause walls, flooring, and other materials to warp, swell, and break apart. Water damage can also lead to mold and mildew, causing further structural damage. When your home or business suffers from water damage, it is critical that water be removed as soon as possible to reduce damage and to assist in the restoration process. Portable dehumidifiers are a great tool to quickly assist in the elimination of water and moisture after water damage occurs. Here are 5 commonly asked questions about portable dehumidifiers.
- What is the purpose of a dehumidifier? Dehumidifiers have two essential purposes. The first is to lessen the harmful effects of water damage on a home or business. The second purpose is to aid in climate control by getting rid of extra moisture in a room or building.
- Can dehumidifiers be moved between rooms? Dehumidifiers come on semi-pneumatic wheels, making them easy to place in any location, large or small.
- How much water can a dehumidifier remove in one day? Depending on the model, a portable dehumidifier can remove between 15 and 30 gallons of water per day.
- How does a dehumidifier work? A dehumidifier removes excess moisture from the air by changing the humidity in the room or building.
- Where does the excess water go? Portable dehumidifiers have a 40-foot condensation hose that can be routed to any drain, whether that be indoors or outdoors.
When dealing with water damage, you want to eliminate the excess water as quickly as possible. Portable Air offers a large selection of top of the line portable dehumidifiers that can help you do this. For more information on dehumidifiers and dehumidifier rentals, visit www.portableac.com or call 800-341-4297.