If you are thinking of hosting a tented event, whether it’s for a wedding, meeting, birthday party, or any other type of gathering, you will obviously want to be sure that your guests are going to be comfortable. This means that the use of spot coolers, portable air conditioners, or other forms of cooling may be necessary. If your event will be taking place during the summer months, these devices will most likely be essential, but tents can get stuffy and uncomfortable even during the cooler months in parts of the southern half of the US. Fortunately, there are many ways that you can ensure the temperature of your tented event will be comfortable. Keep your guests cool and content with the help of a portable air conditioning device.
There are many different devices you can choose from, so you will want to be sure the company you are working with offers you these options and informs you on the best way to cool your specific event.
Some things you will want to keep in mind before choosing a cooling option:
- What is the weather going to be like? — While this may seem obvious, the weather can be unpredictable at times. It will be especially hard to gauge the temperature if you are planning your event months in advance. Keep a close eye on the weather in the days leading up to your event so you can adjust the number of cooling devices you will need accordingly.
- How large will your space be? — One huge factor in deciding which cooling device to use, and how many devices to rent, will be how large of a space you will need to cool off. For very large spaces, you may want to plan on renting multiple devices, while smaller spaces may not need as many.
- How many people will be attending? — The more people inside your tented area, the more heat will be generated. If you know the tent or tents will be packed, you may want to consider more cooling units.
- How long will your event last? — Events that will last all day, or even multiple days at a time, might require stronger, more powerful machines. Generators or power distribution boxes may be necessary as well.
Just a few tent cooling options include:
- Spot coolers— Spot coolers come in different sizes depending on your cooling needs, and are extremely convenient due to their portable, plug-in features. They are quiet and efficient, and can be set up in minutes. Some spot coolers can even be set for 24 hour time intervals so you can find your ideal temperature and forget about fixing or resetting the temperature.
- HVAC units— HVAC units are ideal for heavy duty cooling, or larger and longer events. They can also come available as a heater for yearlong use. There are two types of HVAC units that you can choose from:
- Vertical units— Taller than they are across, vertical units will take up less floor space
- Horizontal units— Although horizontal units will take up more floor space, they are extremely powerful and have maximum cooling abilities
Cooling your tented event is easy when you follow these helpful tips!